Illustrator extraordinaire // Jim Datz

Friday 22 October 2010

Who put this rock on my head? Why have I not until this day seen the amazing work of Jim Datz of Neither Fish no Fowl? It feels like my childhood yet he was probably still in childhood himself at that time so it can't possibly be... either way, it makes me quite warm an fuzzy!

Jim Datz - 2

Jim lives in Brooklyn but has had a nomadic streak (like me)... so I love and totally agree with what he said this in the (huge and wonderful) interview over on Grain Edit:
It’s imperative to leave your context and culture behind for a while. There’s a tremendous expansion that you experience—a suppression of the ego and a reawakened sensitivity to the tiny details that make up everyday life.
Jim Datz - 3

The Brooklyn poster is available just now for pre-order from Three Potato Four and the London Poster to buy here

Jim Datz - 1

Had to stick in this type (being a type nerd) designed for Fortune magazine... go and see his site if you too have been under my rock... it will have you dribbling on your keyboard!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comments. emily x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Daily Smudge All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger